How can we improve NCR Customer Connect?

Unique Coupons for Customers

Would like to create unique Coupons for each customer, like B&N does. CP would have to be modified to track and redeem these unique, customer-specific coupons. This would prevents coupon forwarding via email.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Shane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CustomerConnect plans to implement this feature, but we need CounterPoint to add this functionality first. When CounterPoint can generate unique coupon codes per customer, CustomerConnect will likely add this feature in their next release. As of today, this capability is on the CounterPoint team’s radar but is not on a release schedule.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • R Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone on this thread found a 3rd party integration that allows this functionality within counterpoint?

• Dave Engle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might add that it also needs to be scanable and can be presented at time of tender and not required before entry of items.

• Dave Engle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed function. We need to be able to create a unique coupon code that can be used by all customers only once and needs to have an expiration date as well as excluded items, excluded stores, and specific dates. I got quoted from the support provider for 1500. but is only the POS discount code with a report added. This should be a part of Counterpoint and needed yesterday. Companies lose money by giving loose control to cashiers with a click of a button.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this get implemented yet?? We are wanting to do coupons that have a barcode individually for each customer that can be tracked and can be only used one time. Thus keeping the customer from coming in over and over with the same coupon and using it again and again... This is and IMPORTANT thing to get done!!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just cried a little on the inside when I saw how old this thread was. I swear there has to be other companies that move more quickly.

• RalphB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to me much more a CounterPoint change, but it would require that CustomerConnect allow the inclusion of a variable value such as customer number or a profile code in a barcode would it not? This could be done now, while waiting for any CounterPoint changes and would have tremendous value for tracking use of coupons.............

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature as well, for when offering a coupon say 20% off a single item, having the coupon linked to the customer to help prevent the customer from coming in on separate occasions and simply printing the coupon more than once.

Feedback and Knowledge Base